Saturday, February 8, 2014

12 Years a Slave

I went with a friend to see this movie a couple of days ago. Wow. I'm not going to say a whole lot, because there has been so much written about it already. I was apprehensive, not sure if I wanted to see it, because I simply can't take too much cruelty and evil, but after a talk with my youngest brother, I decided to accept my friend's invitation. My brother said the movie was awful, mean and beautiful. And he was right. The true story of Solomon Northup, a virtuous violinist in the 1840's, who was kidnapped and sold into slavery... I will absolutely recommend this movie, but not for young kids. (Too much 'violence with a smile'...) But even though there is cruelty and hopelessness, there is also hope and kindness in the midst of it. Go and see!












You can check the IMDB for facts about the filmmakers, and you can watch the trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!