Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ég á Líf ( I am Alive )


It's one of my favorite songs these days.  It is written by Örlygur Smári & Pétur Örn Gudmundsson, and sung by Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson. It was Iceland's contribution to the Eurovision Song Contest 2013.
I don't understand much of the lyrics (though I actually did study Islandic many years ago...), but I understand the main message: "I'm alive." and "When the winds turn against me,
I climb over the high Mountains" From the English translations (yes, there are several versions out there) I understand it is about somebody searching for his way through life, overcoming obstacles and learning how to love...
The music make me think about travels and oceans, and it often reminds me of celtic music.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!