Thursday, January 31, 2013

Photo: Blackbirds by Rebecca Norris Webb

I love this picture. Look at it. Gaze at it. Sink into it. It is photographed by Rebecca Norris Webb.
It is wonderful, mysterious, sad and beautiful all at the same time. Yes, it shows a field of dead sunflowers, but to me it carries such a huge symbolism, and I can't explain, because I have no idea where to start. Or, I don't want to. I want to let it talk by itself. Then there is this personal meaning in it for me, one that I choose not to reveal. But I'm sure that everyone, upon seeing this photograph, will recognize something, and maybe even feel that it's soothing, healing and hopeful of a whole new life.

The photograph is part of the book My Dakota, made after Webb lost her brother, and was a project to help her deal with the grief. The book was published in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!