Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks


I recently read this 2010 novel by Nicholas Sparks, one of my favorite authors.  
It is about Katie, a mysterious woman who suddenly moves to a small town in North Carolina. There are lots of questions surrounding her.
Why is she here? What did she leave? Why is she all alone?  
She slowly builds new relationships, with her somewhat strange neighbor Jo, the storeowner Alex, two young children, but she won't let anybody in on her big secret.
The novel treats the theme of domestic abuse, and it does so in a way that we are pulled into the story, and towards the end, you won't be able to put down the book, just as it usually is with Nicholas Sparks' books.

The novel is part of my "Mount TBR Reading Challenge".

1 comment:

  1. Domestic abuse is a real thing, not a media hoax, and I congratulate Nicholas Sparks on tackling that theme and telling us that happiness and sadness are an inseparable part of our lives. All of his books are amazing, even movies are great. He is truly the best there is. I can only hope to be like him one day, but I will try.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!