Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sunrise

The Sun by Edvard Munch
Early this morning I was walking out the door  with my youngest. Frost was in the air, and the fall colors more vivid than ever.  Jonatan, my 3-year-old was all bundled up in his stroller, while I prepared to walk fast to keep my warmth.  The little boy was in awe over the redness of the sky.  -Why?  he asked.  Why is the sky so red?  Well, I started to explain to him about the sun getting ready to rise, and then it happened: Just then, when we started down the street, the sun peeked over the hills on the far side of the lake, and the golden rays went out in all directions, stretching as far as we could see.  We stood there for a little while, just admiring this eternal performance, and when I continued walking, pushing the stroller and turning right at the corner, I realized our own home was kissed all over by this beautiful newly awake autumn sun.  It was as if it wanted to melt away the night frost and all our worries at the same time.
What a beautiful start to our day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!