Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn Thoughts

I love Fall. It's by far my favorite season, and I think it has always been. 
I really love the crispness of the air, the colors, the wind and the sense of newness that for me is connected to Fall, and not so much to Spring...
We just came back from four days at my in-laws.  They live, literally, in the woods, about 20 minutes'  drive to the nearest store. I get the feeling of time travel and some kind of retreat whenever I go there. This time of the year,  colors were amazing, the temperature just perfect for walks, and we had some nice days, sleeping in that old log cabin next to my in-law's house, enjoying shared meals and walks in the woods. At night, the starry sky was amazing, and the only sounds to be heard were those of the wind and the creek.

From my diary: "Lazy morning in old log cabin in the woods. Coffee by my bed. Book. Music from a radio in the kitchen. 3-year-old still sleeping."
"Pale sun trying desperately to warm up the crisp air. Cottonball sheep dotting the fields."

Lynn Johnston have many comic strips featuring the Autumn Season, and here I'll share with you a few. Go to her website For Better or For Worse to check out lots more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!