Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Name is Khan



I watched this movie yesterday. Wow. I didn't know that much about it, just knew it was very popular in India, and I had never expected to be so moved, so taken in by it.  
It's about a muslim from India, moving to San Francisco, falling in love and struggling with his Asperger's syndrome and the hate and fear after 9/11.
The story, the photography, the whole makes for a great movie experience. I think this is a must-see in the West. Really. Yes, it's a sweet story, maybe too sweet for some people, but, in addition to being that, it contains an important message about people of the worlds today. How we all are the same, that religion and culture never should be a reason to hate or exclude somebody.
"Forrest Gump" comes to mind while watching this movie. The main character is different, but good, kind, and with the will to reach his goal.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!