Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reaching for the Stars.

I'll share with you a moment from last night:
After a long fall day filled with fun, outings and visits, my two and a half-year old was standing on the livingroom sofa, looking out through the bay window.  "Look, Mommy, I can see stars!"  I went over to him, but I wasn't sure if what he saw were the stars out there or just reflections from the living room ceiling lights.  So, I picked him up in my arms, and walked out in the garden, which now was almost completely dark.  We stood on the deck, and I held him so that he could look straight up in the sky where the stars were just coming out for the night.  "How many stars can you see?" I asked him. He started counting, and then he stopped, turned his head and looked at me.  "I want to hold one".  "What? You want to hold one of the stars?"  "Yes, can you help me, Mommy?"
"Oh yes, my darling", I thought to myself.  I would so very much love to help you reach the stars...  Then I gave an explanation that could suffice for now, and I carried the sleepy, little boy into the house again, and to his bed. 

Image from by © suzy1951

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It reminds me of a children's book that I read called something like "Papa, get the Moon for Me."

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!