Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Review: A Walk in The Woods

I just read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.  I have previously read two of his books, and now I wonder why I haven't read all of them!  They are about travel, about the English language, about science.
Bryson  is American, but he has been living in Yorkshire, England for many years.  With his wife, he moved back the US in 1995.  A Walk in the Woods is about the Summer he set out to hike the Appalachian Trail.  It's autobiographical, it's enlightening and it's very, very entertaining.
In short, his books are just really funny, filled to the brim with interesting information and extremely well written!  I feel I'm there with him, I'm travelling, walking, seeing, tasting, - just experiencing the world through his words.
I really, really recommend this books, and all Bryson's books, even the ones I haven't read yet. 
(so far I've read this one,  "The Lost Continent" and "Neither Here nor There")
Click here for his official website.

2 comments:

  1. i love bill bryson! "a walk in the woods" is one of my favorites. i might just have to go re-read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I would probably never have picked up this book but will now!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!