Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My blood...

Today I registered to become a blood donor.  That's something I've been thinking about for many years, but a week ago I finally I got around to fill out an online application, and today I went to the hospital to have my blood tested.  My two-year-old came with me, sitting on my lap and holding my hand while they drew the blood.  He was very impressed by the whole hospital setting, but not at all scared by the needle, and after a while he asked if he could have his lunch.
I've just always thought about this as something really worth while doing.  An easy and free way of actually helping.
But, when I was telling my daughter about it, about how I will have about two cups of my blood drawn every three months or so, she said : "That makes me think of 'Twilight'... :-D  
Well, jokes aside, I'm really glad I got around to doing this, and I challenge all my readers to do the same.  You can maybe help save lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!