Saturday, July 31, 2010

Inception




I've seen a brand new movie!  (Wow!) Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan. An American movie, seen in my local small town movie theater, only two weeks after the release.  For me, that is unusual indeed.
Who hasn't once thought about being able to capture dreams?  I have thought about it a lot since I was a child, and the movie Inception explores this fantasy.  Cobb (Leonardo di Caprio) works with "extraction", which is the technique of pulling information out of people's dreams and subconsciousness, but now he is given a much harder task: "inception", the implantation of an idea in a target person's brain.
This is not a movie that you can watch halfheartedly.  You have to be on your toes constantly, to keep track of the different levels of consciousness and dreams. I've read somewhere that Di Caprio had a hard time understanding the script while first reading it, and I can totally see why.  Somebody described it as maybe the most intelligent action movie ever, and your brain really gets to work while you watch.  
Inception is truly intriguing and fascinating, and there is a good deal of suspense to keep you far from falling asleep.
A good theater experience!



Beside Leonardo DiCaprio, the list of actors include among others Michael Caine, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ken Watanabe.
Click here for more information from IMDB,
and if you want a teaser, just watch this little trailer:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!