Friday, June 25, 2010

Tuscany

This is a first for me, posting from the field, so to speak.  I'm in Tuscany, Italy, on a farm way out in the countryside.  There are horses, sheep, donkeys, cats, there are fireflies at nights and birds singing throughout the day.  It smells wonderfully of lavender and jasmine flowers, and I'm finally starting to feel the serenity and the laid-back attitude of the locals.  


I'm doing a photography workshop with the American Drake Busath.  We're having classroom teaching in a small stone cottage, and we're going on field trips to nearby monasteries and small towns.  


I will post more from this trip when I'm back in Norway, since the internet connection is somewhat bumpy and erratic.


Just this one picture, to give you an idea.  

6 comments:

  1. I would love to see your pictures! I feel like I have traveled a bit when I read your blog and I like that feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I know I am a new follower, but...I just left an award for you on my blog. You obviously do not have to participate in the award process, I guess you could call it, but I wanted to recognize you anyway!

    http://kelleysbreakroom.blogspot.com/2010/06/bright-spots-spitwads.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it's so beautiful!
    Hey, I just gave you a blogger award in my latest post. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristine (I hope I spelled that right!), do not feel obligated to participate in these awards. I know you don't need me to tell you that, but...I just want you to know that I won't be offended if you don't pass it on. Since you asked, though, I will tell you that all you need to do is post the .jpg image of the award on the right side of your blog somewhere (if you want others to know you received it). Then, in another post, you feature the image of the award there & talk a bit about where you received it from and who will receive it from you. Some of the awards have "rules" (you have to pass it to x # of people, you have to tell x # of things about yourself, etc.) but I have seen where people just make up their own rules (just pass it to one blog they particularly love). I wanted to give you an award because I thought your blog is worth sharing with others. It is such a peaceful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelley, for the explanation! And, thanks again, for the award, and for your kind words. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mohamed, for the award! It took some time for me getting around to actually post in on my blog, but now it's done! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!