Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring around the house

Spring is finally happening.  Well, yes it was snowing again yesterday, but it's warmer now, so every day some more of it is melting.
Our front yard is still like this:
We had a huge avalanche from our roof, so that pile of snow will probably stay for a while.
But, on the south side of the house it looks like this:



















The plum tree is still sleeping, 
and the same goes for my little rose bush.  
Around the stem of the plum tree 
there are tiny sprouts of 
something. Crocus, I think.




On the front lawn, I have a young birch tree.  When I started shoveling away the snow around it, suddenly this little guy poked his head up, almost as he was lying there, just underneath the surface, waiting for the snow to be cleared away.  I think he is a daffodil, but I'm not sure...





I guess I'll have to wait and see what he looks like!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!