Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Funeral is over

Yesterday was Evy Kristine's funeral.  I wasn't there.  It was a hard decision to make, but plane tickets were bought a long time ago, for a photographic conference.  The parents knew how much I wanted to be with them that day.  I wrote a letter, and my husband read in the church.  There will be a transcript here on the blog.
When her tiny coffin was lowered in the earth, I was in the plane, looking down on clouds, crying my eyes out while listening to Josh Groban: To where you are.
The parents will just have to go on now, without her.  Now it's for real.

See earlier posts, from the last two weeks, for more information on little Evy and her short life on earth.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Your pictures are beautiful and capture what an angel little Evy Kristine truly is, and was for the short time she was here on earth.
    My heart goes out to her parents and hope that peace and love envelope them as they carry on the memory of their little angel in time, as they heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy. I'll pass on these words to Evy's parents. They have a very difficult time right now.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!