Thursday, April 8, 2010

Don't like sick people

The world should be very happy I didn't become a nurse, 
because I'm very, very bad with sick people.  
Coughing, nose-blowing, or going : "I'm sick, I guess I should have stayed home."  
-"Yes, you should!" I'm thinking to myself.  Germs don't have to be shared, do they?
When my kids come down with something, I have them stay in bed,
and when I've made sure they have what they need food/drink/blanket-wise, 
I'll interact as little as possible.  
Luckily for them, they're hardly ever sick, and that goes for my husband too.   Because Sick Husband, that is worse than anything... I just hate dealing with it.
So, I'm not good with sick people, that's a fact.  But I'm worse, ten times worse, when it comes to myself.  Yesterday I had two school kids staying home, burning with fever, headache, pale faces, and - now it's me...
Feeling less than great, not being able to get things done, feeling dizzy every time I try to get up, while my head is killing me, I beat myself up, for not staying healthy.  And while lying there without the brain function to do much more than write a mediocre blog post, I just hope it will be over soon.  (And it should, because in an hour my husband has a meeting at work, and I'm on my own with kids & house...)
 

7 comments:

  1. I hope your family feels better soon!
    I'm okay dealing with sick kids, but you are so right about sick husbands. They are such babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping in to say hello - and I have to agree, sick kids I can deal with, but sick husbands are so not fun! Hope you are all feeling better soon.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and Susan, thank you! My toddler sleeps now, and my ten-year-old is doing his hoework. So, I'm in bed again, hopefully getting better now.
    Thanks for following my blog, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you. Germs should not be shared and sick husbands are the worst breed on the planet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the comic. I relate!
    Happy FF! I am following you now.
    Hope you come check out my blog at http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! It is nice to see you part of Friday Follow! Have a wonderful weekend. Rita @ One 2 Try.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!