Friday, April 16, 2010

Angels

The little girl is born, and she is still alive. I have promised to take pictures of her, but right now she needs help to get enough oxygen, and the parents want to wait a little. My camera stash is packed, and I'm standing by.
Here you can see other pictures of children with trisomy 13 and 18, taken by photographers who work without profit, to give the families beautiful memories of their precious little one. Some of the pictures are taken while the child is still alive, but not all of them...


Now I lay me down to sleep...

6 comments:

  1. Jeg er rørt over disse nydelige bildene. Fotografene har klart det mesterlige å fange øyeblikket samtidig som en hel historie kommer frem i bildene. Takk for at du delte dette med oss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touching video. You and the other photographers who do this for the parents are very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, ja, ikke sant, de er utrolige, disse bildene...

    SquirrelQueen, this pictures - and babies - are special, but I can't be compared to them, at least not yet... I've taken pictures of this one baby, still alive, and I will take more pictures when it's over, for the parents to have pictures without tubes and machines around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartbreakingly beautiful! Every child is special in God's eyes.

    Beautiful blog. I will be following you.
    Please foolow me @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this. Grief is a part of life that we all like to forget about. I love that there are people out there who are not afraid to help others move through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gramma, thank you.

    Moonaroo, this has been so hard, and it still is, but I believe you are right, that grief is part of life, and we just need to learn how to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!