Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Terms of Endearment

I watched Terms of Endearment yesterday. Finally!
Yes, sometimes there is a classic (I suppose this movie qualifies as one) that I think about seeing, often, and still, years go by...
For those among you who don't know which movie I'm talking about, Terms of Endearment came out in 1983, directed by James L. Brooks, and with such actors as for instance Jack Nicholson, Shirley MacLaine, Danny DeVito and Debra Winger.
It won 5 Oscars (Best Picture, Best writing, Best Actress etc )and it was nominated for, and won, a bunch of other awards.
As I see it, the movie is about a very particular and complicated mother-daughter relationship.  Add to this a struggeling marriage, friendship and serious illness...
Yes, I cried.  Of course I did.






See here for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Denne har jeg snørra til et par ganger jeg også...
    Ragnhilden

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!