Friday, March 5, 2010

Frappuccino, I'll still miss you so!


One of the things I loved the most about living in the US, was the frappuccino from Starbucks.  Yes I know, there are different brands out there, similar drinks who are differently named, but I fell in love with this one.
On a hot summer day, what could be better than this, the ice cold, blended coffee drink, whipped cream on top, and taste of chocolate, vanilla or caramel.  Simply delicious...  And yes, of course, really dangerous, if you don't know your limits...
But, since you don't find a Starbucks on every corner (not yet, that is), I also learned to love the bottled frappuccinos bought in grocery stores, usually in four-packs.  You keep them in the refrigerator, and shake them well before pouring over ice.  I would usually have a few bottles in the cooler for warm summer car rides. 

Well, guess what: after many months of missing, dreaming and thinking with sorrow  about the upcoming frappuccino-less summer, I discovered that they just started selling these delicious bottled treats here in Norway too, in a local store.  What a joy!
Until somebody got a glimpse of the prize: Over 7 dollars a bottle! (42 NKR)
I just decided that it wasn't worth it.  The dreaming and missing will have to continue, until I once again set foot on American soil.
(Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!