Saturday, February 6, 2010

The eye of the beholder

Today I taught a photography class for the very first time.
I was up at 6:30 am, reading through my notes and checking the illustrations, being rather nervous about the whole thing.  What if it didn't turn out the way I hoped?  What if I wasn't able to get my message across?
Well, now it's done, and I think I can say that it was a success!  I'm really excited, and looking forward to the next time!
The class was hosted by a friend,  in her restaurant Lasse Liten , and she had arranged for delicious snacks and drinks, and the most amazing lunch.
I read this poem to my students today, and now I'll share it with you:  
Through The Eye Of The Beholder  (Gjennom øynene til den som ser



Photo: Julia Margaret Cameron

Through The Eye Of The Beholder
Author: Katie Clark
Through the eye of the beholder
A memory can last forever
And new ones can be made
Always cherished

Through the eye of the beholder
The quick close of the shutter can change history
Make headlines
Change peoples lives forever

Through the eye of the beholder
Wars have been fought and won
Missing children have been found and returned
Murderers have been locked away

Through the eye of the beholder
A guilty man is charged
While an innocent man is saved
Set free

Through the eye of the beholder
Some people make a career
A living they are proud of
A life they can show others

Through the eye of the beholder
Precious moments are caught
Tears of joy and tears of pain
New lives and old lives

Through the eye of the beholder
Life can be seen through a camera lens
New adventures are waiting, just around the corner
And old ones will never be forgotten 

5 comments:

  1. Tusen takk for flott kurs! Dette bør du gjøre mer av!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your class. I am sure that you did well. I love the poem, so true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot! Yes, this poem is really good. Found it while searching for illustrations etc, and I feel it says exactly what a photograph is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is amazingly talented... Beautiful Poem Katie... Think you said it Perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!