Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blizzard Morning Talk

I know my writing has been rather erratic lately.  Well, I don't know if I really have an excuse, and  hopefully there will be more readworthy posts soon.  In the meantime, I'll just update you on what's life is like on a ordinary Wednesday morning, in a small Norwegian town.
I was up at 6 am, making myself a steaming cup of coffee (my darling French Press to-go cup), drinking a glass of orange juice before heading out to my workout session.  It was black darkness out there, just a faint glow from the street lamps, competing with the heavy snowfall.  I didn't see a living soul, the snow had no footprints, and I had the strange feeling of being the only person awake while everybody else is sleeping.
Now, after getting my school kids on their way, taking a shower and changing my toddler's diaper, I finally have time for breakfast.  Hot oatmeal with cinnamon and another cup of coffee.  Daylight has come, the snow has stopped falling, but because of the wind, there is a real blizzard outside my kitchen window.  Later today I'll be working on my upcoming photography class, but this morning is all about spending time with my youngest child and maybe getting my awfully messy house cleaned up.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!