Thursday, January 7, 2010

New year, new juggle, old thoughts.

This last fall, I was able to juggle the working me and mothering me, with my husband staying at home one day a week.  (This was part of his paternity leave, stretched out over time, so there was one day a week left.)  I would get up early, work intensively all day, and probably do several days worth of work on this one single day. In addition to this, my husband would also leave for work later now and then (and come home later, of course) , so I could receive customers.  
Well, we counted on having 2-3 days a week of daycare by now, but that's not the case.
So, in these first newborn days of 2010, I'm trying to stick in some work time whenever possible,when the toddler sleeps, before my husband leave for his work, and, if I have to, at night.  The last part is really hard for me, since my brain stops working properly around 7pm.  
I might not be able to do my photography until this changes, and I might not earn money, which is hard in times like this...  But, unlike some people, we don't have a lineup of possible babysitters, waiting to jump in and help out.
In the meantime, I try to keep cool about it,  (not difficult in minus 28 degrees Celcius... :-D ) and I'm enjoying precious alone-time with my two-year-old, who is growing up way too fast...  Right now, we have baked yummy scones for lunch, and he has flour all over his face and jumpsuit.
After all, life is not always straightforward, and what is a "normal" way of living and working?
Our time here on earth is extremely short, so make the best of what you have.
NIHIL AETERNUM EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!