Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Night Blessings

After a long day of parenting four children, caring for the one who has the stomach flu,  planning ahead, cleaning, doing laundry, working out at the gym, picking up children from piano lesson, and, in a quiet moment, working on my upcoming photography class, it sure is nice to sit down, after a hot shower, with my craft project (a knitted blanket for my daughter.)  There is a candle burning on the coffee table, beautiful flowers by my window, and in the light from the street lamps, I can see snow falling silently over our Winter Wonderland out there.  It is a show of dark shadows and glistening white snow all across our back yard and the street on the other side.
Suddenly there is a glass of red wine in front of me, and some bread and Spanish ham.  And I believe there is an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" awaiting my attention. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!