I just stumbled across this reading challenge: To read Jane Austen's books, and those, by other authors, who are written as prequels, sequels etc. to any of Austen's novels. Basically to get to know Jane Austen's writing universe.
- Anyone can participate.
- Challenge books can overlap with other challenges.
- Any format counts: bound book, e-book (check online for free downloads of J.A’s copyright-free books), audio book, or any other thing you can think of.
- Challenge runs January 1st 2010—December 31 2010.
- You can change which level you read
- Newbie 2 books by J. Austen, 2 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)
- Lover 4 books by J. Austen, 4 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)
- Fanatic 6+ books by J. Austen, 5+ re-writes, prequels, sequels, or
- spoofs (by other authors).
I'm going for the Lover level, and my reading plan looks like this:
- Pride and Prejudice (J.A.)
- Sense and Sensibility (J.A.)
- Emma (J.A.)
- Northanger Abbey (J.A.)
- Mr Darcy's Dilemma (Diana Birchall)
I'll complete my list when I've read up on the prequels etc written.