Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brokeback Mountain




Better late then never.  Yesterday, I got to see it, this famous movie, and I do get why all the fuss.
And I do get why the director Ang Lee got a Golden Globe AND an Oscar...
A strong tale of love, commitment and fear, and simply gorgeous nature photography.  The lead actors, Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) and Jake Gyllenhaal, are doing a great job here.  I believe in them, and I end up seeing everything through their eyes, even when I feel for somebody else (Ennis' wife, for instance...)


























So, here is the updated list of this year's Holiday DVD watching:

  • Home Alone 
  • The Holiday
  • Un Conte de Noël 
  • Elf 
  • Home Alone 2, Lost in New York
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas 
  • Paris
  • Love Actually
  • Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
  • Ice Age 3
  • Forrest Gump
  • King Kong (the original version)
  • Brokeback Mountain
(I realize this list shows that I'm sharing my life with children...  )

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie as well. It is so sad that Heath Ledger did not live long enough to make more great movies like this one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!