Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Obama comes to Norway

Yes, the President of the United States arrives in Oslo tomorrow, the day before he will receive the Nobel Peace Price.  
The Norwegian people is divided, there are those who are excited about the whole thing, and then there are those who feel strongly against it, think it's ridiculous.
Well, I happen to be among the first half.
The Nobel Peace Price has a rather long tradition of being given to people, or organizations who don't have  a specific result or achievement to show, but who do want peace, and who, systematically, throughout time, not only talk, but also work with that goal in mind.  People like that is what the world needs.
In the beginning, when I first heard about Mr. Obama and the Peace Price, I admit I was surprised.  
-How is that possible, I thought,  -he just started working, he's barely been able to say or do anything yet.
Now I know that  I was ignorant and wrong.  Mr Obama has worked towards his goals for many, many years, and now, with him being the President of the United States, he actually has the power to do something.  
There is a lot of hope and encouragement that goes into the Nobel Peace Price.  
I believe this is for the good, 
for all of us.
Welcome to Norway!


Official Photo: Pete Souza


"Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we 
leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today"
President-elect Barack Obama


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!