Friday, October 9, 2009

Reading Block


Yes, I think I've experienced something like that.
I've been reading the same book now, for weeks and weeks, can't seem to really get going,
and it has nothing to do with the book not being interesting, absolutely not, because it is a great novel. I'm talking about
"The Angel's Game"
by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. He is a rather young writer, Spanish, from Barcelona, and his home city is extremely present in the book. I'm reading the Norwegian translation, and I realize while I'm writing this, that I haven't been reading a book written in my mother tongue for a long, long time.
If you haven't read his former novel, "The Shadow of the Wind", you should. The one I'm reading now is written as the second book in a triology. It is not exactly a sequel, but the author has a reason for writing it after the other one.
It is in many ways what we would call meta-literature. A book about books, just like the other novel. It is a story about the art of writing, about finding your way through the wilderness of possible words out there, about becoming a writer.
I'm halfway through it now, and I want to read, I really do.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!