Tuesday, June 16, 2009

City, Art and Mexican beer.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband, my youngest son and spent the morning downtown.  
We went to The Legacy Ltd  in First Avenue to look for a  print from the Northwest Coast Indian art tradition.  It was such a wonderful experience.  Our baby napped in the stroller, we had just had a latte at a nearby coffee shop, while waiting for the art gallery to open, and we were met by the most wonderful people!  And, even with my horrible decision phobia, I was able to narrow down what I actually was looking for.  The gallery people explained so well the different styles, the different symbols and made the whole visit so much more than just buying a print.

We chose a Raven image by D. Boxley.  I don't have a picture of it yet, but you can see this, - another Raven, made by J. Hudson, in the same tradition: 

This Raven picture, by the way, can be seen on the wall of Seattle's "Grace Hospital" in the TV series Grey's Anatomy.  
I've always noticed the different native american prints that can be viewed on that show, but I had no idea we had chosen the gallery where they were all bought!

My Raven picture is in Norway, it went in one of my husband's suitcases last Wednesday, and hopefully it has been taken out of the cardboard tube by now. I'll have it matted and framed when we all are back in Norway, and it will be one of the main keepsakes to remind us of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.  

After saying goodbye to the gallery people, we strolled up First Avenue, and ended up at a mexican restaurant, where we had a early lunch, sitting outside, with the view of downtown Seattle and Elliot Bay with its boats and ferries.



Seattle Art Museum in the background, 
with the famous Hammering Man.



Piece of art ouside one of Seattle's highrise buildings.


I can't remember the name of the building,
but I think it is the most beautiful of Seattle's highrises




1 comment:

I appreciate your comments!