Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Summer in April /Sommer i april


I will write more about our spring break trip to Oregon,
but right now I just have to say that summer in April is sort of nice.
I was sitting on the roof deck this morning, with my coffee and breakfast, 
reading, while the baby was napping and the three older kids where in school/preschool,
and every once in a while I would let my gaze soar over the lake, 
the park, rooftops, 
and the snow-capped mountains in the distance.
There wasn't a single cloud in that glittering, blue sky,
and the air was full of sweet scents from hyacinths and cherry blossoms.
They say it won't last, but I really don't care, because I don't need every day to be like this.  I like the tapping sound of rain on the window, the fresh feel of clean earth, and the obvious excuse to stay indoors if I want to.
A day like this April summer day is maybe even more wonderful to me because it's rare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!