Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hawaii Style Chicken

Well, that's what I called it, what I cooked for dinner tonight. Had a ready-made sauce that said "Hawaii Style", and I used it to enhance my "take what I can find in the vegetable drawer in the fridge and add chicken"- dish. (The vegetables ended up being onions, carrots, cellery and red pepper) I also added quite a lot of pineapple, and after letting it simmer for 20 minutes or so,I served the whole thing with white rice. All four kids (and I) loved it!
I'm steering the ship by myself again, but only for a few days this time. Right now the radio is entertaining me with "sappy love songs" (Delilah's own words!), three kids are sleeping, one is doing her homework, and I am going to get my book and a glass of red wine, and curl up on the coach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!