Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day




Our five-year old girl and I was walking back from preschool this afternoon.  She was talking non-stop about the fact that there was candy in her shoes when she woke from her nap.  Well, actually, first she thought everybody but her had candy, but then somebody told her to "go and look oppi your shoes!" And then: "I think it was that Patrick-guy who left the candy in my shoes, Mommy!"  ("Jeg tror det var den Patrick-mannen som tryllet fram godteriet, Mamma!")  They had green milk today, by the way...
Our nine-year old was mortified when he discovered that he was the only one without any green on him. (We haven't had school age kids in the US before, so there are things we don't get right...)  Well, somebody got him a green sticker, so he was fine.  Our twelve-year old was fine, by the way, with her new and very green T-shirt on.
And, I did my share, served the kids green salad with the corn dogs tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!