Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snart Advent - Soon Advent






Annunciation / Bebudelsen

 Leonardo da Vinci

I find this picture extremely beautiful.  It can be seen in the Uffizi Gallery, one of my absolute favorite museums, in Florence, a city close to my heart.
It is believed that Leonardo painted this Annunciation around 1475.  We see the young Mary, receiving the angel Gabriel:

"Don't be afraid, Mary,
for you have found favor with God.
Behold, 
you will conceive in your womb, 
and bring forth a son, 
and will call his name 'Jesus.' 
He will be great,
 and will be called the 
Son of the Most High"

Luke 1



Dette bildet synes jeg er vakkert.  Det befinner seg i Uffizi-galleriet, et av mine absolutte favoritt-museer, som ligger i Firenze, en by som står mitt hjerte nært.  Man regner med at Leonardo malte dette rundt 1475.  Vi ser den unge Maria som får besøk av engelen Gabriel:

"Frykt ikke, Maria!
For du har funnet nåde hos Gud.
Du skal bli med barn
og få en sønn,
og du skal gi han navnet Jesus.
Han skal være stor
og kalles 
Den Høyestes Sønn". 
(Lukas 1)




1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to
    be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Many thanks
    My web page : link building services

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!